We can do skin tightening through various methods like:
- Non ablative radiofrequency (RF) treatment: This treatment delivers heat deep down into the skin and muscles. This in turn stimulates the skin to produce collagen, which is the structural protein of the skin. So more new collagen means firmer and tighter skin.
- Dermal fillers: These are products that are injected beneath the skin to add volume and structure to any area of the face. So if we add volume to the upper part of cheeks, that will eventually pull up the entire cheek thus giving a facelift. Similarly we can lift the jawline, eyebrows. We can smoothen out wrinkles with fillers.
- Threadlift: In this technique we put in absorbable threads into the lower layer of skin. These threads stimulate the skin to produce collagen bands along the thread & with time the thread gets absorbed and the collagen band shrinks. Along with it, the skin also shrinks and tightens.
- Fractinal abalative laser: This laser helps to tighten the upper layer of skin and smoothen out fine lines. It works through the principle of controlled damage and repair. The healing process produces new skin.
- Dermaroller: This also works by firming the upper layer of skin.