Bald spots or hair loss is a common condition affecting people of all genders and age groups. It can cause a feeling of embarrassment or self-doubt and can also hamper self-confidence. Well, the good news is that hair can regrow over the bald spots!
In this blog, we have underlined different methods to regrow hair on a bald spot by natural as well as medical treatments.
Causes of bald spots
There are multiple reasons for baldness, although it majorly affects individuals after 40 years sometimes it can also be seen in the younger generation. Here are some common causes –
- Heredity – This condition majorly runs in families and is also known as ‘Androgenetic alopecia’. In men, hair strands fall out from the top of the head causing male pattern baldness.
- Stress – This can cause hair loss or bald spots. Once the stress eases down hair growth can be seen again.
- Certain medications – A few medicines like antibiotics, steroids, and drugs can hamper the immune system which can eventually cause bald patches over the scalp.
- Deficiency of nutrients – The deficiency of certain nutrients like iron, zinc, protein, and vitamins can cause hair loss or bald spots.
- Infections – Some infections in the scalp can also lead to hair loss or bald spots. Once the infection cures, hair tends to regrow.
- Hair styling and products – Regular hairstyling with gadgets may cause bald spots or even result in hair loss. Also, the use of certain hair care products like shampoos and conditioners may cause bald spots.
Can hair regrow over a bald spot?
Yes, hair can regrow over the bald spot in most of the cases. Moreover, it is important to note that the regrowth of hair also depends on various factors like age, lifestyle, cause, and treatment options. If the bald spot occurs because of alopecia areata, then restoration is quite difficult. But with the proper medications and advice, this situation can be treated.
Some natural treatments for treating bald spots
If the hair loss or bald spot condition is at an early stage, then it can be treated by following some natural remedies. These remedies help to promote blood circulation to boost hair growth.
Here are a few tips that you can inculcate in your daily regime to promote hair growth
- Aloe vera gel – Aloe vera is considered a powerful antioxidant that helps in hair regrowth and further protects the scalp from various diseases, infections, and UV damage.
How to use it?
Apply aloe vera gel on the scalp and over the hair strands. After 20-25 minutes rinse it off with lukewarm water. You can either purchase the gel from the market or extract the gel from a plant.
- Onion juice
Onion juice works magically in promoting hair growth and is loaded with antifungal and antibacterial properties.
How to use it?
Mix the onion juice well with honey and apply the mixture over the scalp with the help of a cotton ball. After 30-35 minutes wash it with mild shampoo.
- Egg yolkAn egg is rich in protein and helps stimulate hair growth. Different peptides present in the egg make the hair look bouncy, silky, and shiny.
How to use it?
Apply the egg yolk over the bald areas of the scalp. After an hour wash your hair with mild shampoo and lukewarm water.
- Scalp massage
Massage the scalp by using your fingers for at least 10-15 minutes to boost the blood circulation. By doing so, the scalp promotes thicker hair growth.
Hair oil to use for massage-
- Castor oil
- Peppermint oil
- Coconut oil
- Olive oil
- Jojoba oil
- Rosemary oil
- Hair care routine
Here are some hair care routine tips to prevent bald spots-
- Avoid scrubbing the scalp vigorously
- Do not use heating tools.
- Use a soft and clean towel.
- Avoid combing wet hair.
- Use chemical-free hair products.
Some medical treatments for treating bald spots
Before recommending a medical treatment, our experts at Chandra Clinic will fully analyze the condition to give the best and most effective results.
At Chandra Clinic, we offer certain medical treatments to restore hair growth and treat bald spots. Different treatments include –
- Bio-IPT Hair Transplant – It is the latest technique of hair transplant in India. In this procedure, Dr. Urvashi Chandra uses a manual ultra-fine sharp cole punch for extraction and a unique implanter pen for implantation to achieve the target of hair restoration.
- Advanced PRP (Growth Factor Concentrate)- It is a non-surgical procedure to regrow hair, best for treating slowing progression of hair loss or for treating thinning hair. In this procedure, our experts withdraw a blood sample to extract platelets containing protein to promote healthy hair growth. Further, it is injected into the scalp to promote natural hair growth.
- Low-level laser treatment- This procedure helps increase the blood flow in the scalp and also stimulates the metabolism in catagen or telogen follicles, resulting in natural-looking hair growth. This is an FDA-approved treatment.
- Mesotherapy – It involves different injections of certain nutrients like vitamins and minerals being injected into the mesoderm, a layer of tissue. This procedure helps in stimulating the inactive bulbs, improving blood flow, and also helps in increasing the volume of hair.
Why choose Dr. Urvashi Chandra for medical treatments to regrow hair?
At Chandra Clinic, our head hair transplant surgeon in Delhi, Dr. Urvashi Chandra will examine your condition and then further she will suggest the best treatment for you. In her 12 years of experience, she has treated many patients suffering from bald spots and helped them achieve natural-looking hair growth.
Both men and women are prone to experiencing hair loss or bald spots due to certain conditions. An experienced doctor can help you to solve the condition by identifying different causes, conditions, and related symptoms to suggest the most appropriate treatment for natural-looking hair growth. Our experts at Chandra Clinic use the latest pieces of equipment to provide the best results.